Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mitt versus Hillary on the final ballot? I know it's early, but at this point what do you think?

I think Hillary has a whole lot more chance of getting her party's nomination than Mitt does his. Hillary has the Democrats' national political machine behind her. Mitt has a large personal fortune to spend, but he has to create his own organization, which puts him at a disadvantage in highly competitive states. Right now, all he's won is Michigan. The two caucuses he won in Wyoming and Nevada won't count for much in the long haul. Wyoming has a lower population than most major US cities, and Nevada has a sizeable Mormon population which (while small compared to the voting pool as a whole) is extremely organized and dedicated, which gave him a built in advantage none of his competitors had. I think he'll be toast in South Carolina. But like you said, it's early. Just about anything is possible at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment